Faucet and Sink Plumbing Services
That drip-drip-drip sound from your sink can be annoying, but it’s more than just a nuisance. Leaky faucets can hurt your home and your wallet, causing serious water damage and leaving you with high water bills. You can save about 10 percent on your bill each month just by fixing your home’s leaks.
There are several reasons for a leaky faucet, but the most common are:
- – A problem with the O-ring. The stem screw that holds the faucet handle in place has a small disc, called an O-ring, attached to it. The O-ring can become loose or wear out over time, causing the faucet to drip near the handle.
- – A corroded valve seat. The valve seat connects the faucet and the spout. Water sediment can corrode the valve seat, causing water to leak near the spout.
- – A worn-out washer. Each time you use the sink, the washer is forced against the valve seat, making it wear out. This type of leak causes dripping near the spout.
- – Improper washer installation. If the washer isn’t installed correctly or is the wrong size, it can cause leaking.
Leaky Faucet Repair
Repairing a leaky faucet seems like an easy job, but many times the situation can be deceptively complicated. Sometimes it’s best to call in a certified plumber to make sure the root cause of the leak is properly identified and addressed the first time, rather than making several trips to the hardware store and buying an array of parts only to end up exactly where you started, or worse, creating an even bigger mess. At South West Plumbing, our certified plumbers have the resources to pinpoint the source of the leak and get it fixed for you. They can also check your existing sinks and faucets to prevent future leaks.
Some of our services include cleaning the valve seat to prevent corrosion and replacing worn-out washers with new ones.
Leaky Faucet and Sink Replacement
Large leaks need more attention and require your faucet and sink to be replaced entirely. A certified plumber can determine if that’s the case in your home and recommend an adequate replacement that matches your bathroom’s style and plumbing.
- Once a sink and faucet are chosen, one of our plumbers will:
- – Turn off the water supply
- – Disconnect the supply lines from the faucet
- – Remove the drain
- – Clean around the old drain and faucet holes
- – Install the new faucet and sink
- – Reconnect the supply lines
- – Flush the faucet by removing the aerator
- – Turn on the water and check for any leaks
Schedule Your Faucet and Sink Repair or Replacement
If you’re tired of the dripping noise coming from your bathroom, kitchen or laundry room sink, South West Plumbing can help. We do our best to make sure the diagnosis and repair process is quick and convenient.
Our trained and licensed plumbers are knowledgeable about faucet leaks and will accurately identify the source of your plumbing problems quickly. Our certified plumbers receive ongoing training to ensure the plumbing service they perform in your home is precise and accurate, regardless of the fixtures you currently have installed. Before they even start to work on your leak, they will give you a full-cost quote. We charge by the job, not the hour, so you never have to worry about one of our certified plumbers taking more time than necessary just to drive up your bill. We take as much time as needed to get the job done right and charge you the same price regardless.
South West Plumbing has been serving the Seattle area for more than 35 years, and our dedication to our customers shines through in the work we do. Our team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and provide a fix. No matter how tough the job is, we promise to leave your home as clean as we find it.
If you’re looking for friendly, professional plumbers in Seattle, contact us online or call 206-932-1777 to schedule a service appointment.