Tub and Shower Plumbing Services
The bathroom is more than just a place to get ready – it can also be a peaceful retreat at the end of a long day.
Turning your bathroom from a functional space into your own personal oasis doesn’t require a full renovation, though. Simply replacing your tub or shower can transform the entire room.
Our Bathtub Options
Many people like to unwind by taking a leisurely soak in their tub. South West Plumbing can make your new bathtub even more luxurious with unique design touches, such as:
- Durable materials like fiberglass, cast iron and steel
- Jets that add a spa-like feel to the tub
- Built-in seating around the tub that makes it easier to get in and allows more space for decor
Our Shower Options
Adding special features can turn your shower into a place you’ll want to spend time. We offer:
- Hand-held and rain shower heads to personalize your shower experience
- Built-in benches and shelving for added storage and seating
Limited mobility can make it difficult to use traditional bathtubs or showers, but replacing yours with accessible options like walk-in showers or tubs is easier than ever if you hire the right plumbing company. We offer wheelchair-accessible showers and walk-in tubs so you can get ready in the morning or relax in the evening without worrying about falls or needing assistance.
When to Replace Your Tub or Shower
Consider replacing your bathtub or shower when it shows signs of aging like discoloration and chipping. These cosmetic issues seem minor at first, but can quickly turn into major problems that can compromise your entire bathroom. They can also reduce your home’s resale value when it comes time to sell. Generally, bathroom remodels and improvements provide some of the highest ROIs of any home renovations.
Drain leaks are also problematic, causing damage to your floors and ceilings. These leaks are especially common with plastic and fiberglass tubs and showers. Our licensed, experienced plumbers can pinpoint the source of leaks and fix them before they do excessive damage and lead to complications like mold.
The Design and Installation Process
Replacing your tub or shower is a big job and should be performed by a certified plumber to make sure it’s done correctly, from start to finish. You can expect our plumbers to work with you directly to bring your vision to life.
One of our certified plumbers will carefully:
- Remove the original tub
- Prep the location for a new tub, making sure any damaged plywood or floor covering is replaced
- Install the piping and drain
- Lower the new tub into place
- Reconnect the drain line
- Run water to check for leaks
- Remove the stopper
- Seal the seam between the tub and floor with silicone or tile caulk
- Install new faucets, handles and any additional hardware or features
- We can also replace existing showers. One-piece units can be difficult to maneuver in smaller bathroom spaces, but two-, three- and four-piece showers are easier to assemble and can be designed to integrate seamlessly with your bathroom and style.
Schedule Your Tub or Shower Replacement
South West Plumbing is dedicated to providing homeowners in the Seattle area with reliable plumbing services. Our experienced, highly-trained and certified plumbers can replace your tub or shower and handle any related plumbing needs. The plumber we send will be transparent throughout the process, giving you a full-cost quote before starting any work, so you’ll know up front what you’ll be charged. We charge by the job, not the hour, to ensure your satisfaction. Plus, we always leave your home as clean or cleaner than it was when we arrived.
From tub and shower replacement to unclogging drains and repairing water lines, South West Plumbing is ready to handle it all. Schedule a service appointment online or call 206-932-1777 to get in touch with a member of our team.